Shades to keep you cool all summer
Shades to keep you cool all summer
(6 July 2015)
Shades to keep cool all summer. And the cool will last for next winter too. The perfect accessories whether you’re on the beach setting up your kite surfing gear, running a sandy mile, or perfecting your grill-master skills on the barbecue, doing some snowy glacier turns this “off-season,” or even joined the lucky on the southern hemisphere for some amazing skiing! It’s always the right time to be searching for your next pair of shades. That’s why we thought it would be fitting to bring you a collection of sunglasses to keep you cool amidst the heat of the summer sun. Below, you’ll find twelve rockin’ frames that you should definitely keep an eye on—if you catch my drift. Enjoy.
12 of the coolest
1. Shred – Belushki The Belushki from Shred Optics is an incredibly stylish sunglass for the active-minded user. Featuring multiple frame colors, lens options and optics by Carl Zeiss, these handcrafted glasses are great in any occasion. Whether you’re dressing it up at a formal event, or lounging on the beach all summer long, consider these babies as your glasses choice.
2. Bollé – 527 A blast from the past in Bollé’s line this year, the 527s are available in ten different color ways. Wearers need not worry about sun protection, as these shades boast polycarbonate polarized and anti scratch lenses. If you’re looking for a versatile pair of glasses for both the mountain and après parties, consider these bad boys.
3. Zeal – El Dorado Zeal’s new Eldorado shades are eco-friendly and damn good looking. The sustainable sunglasses rock a plant-based lens that’s polarized, to ensure top-notch quality. If you’re looking for a larger frame that oozes both style and quality, the Eldorado should be on your radar.
4. Electric – Leadbelly The Leadbelly is for the high roller that’s looking to up their style game. Handcrafted in Italy, the Melanin infused polarized offering from Electric is made with a durable Acetate frame and comes with a protective leather case and a cleaning cloth. Keep in mind; secret admirer notes may be received when members of the opposite (or same) sex catch you rocking this optical choice.
5. Proof – Bannock Following Proof’s eco-conscious mission, the Bannock is constructed with sustainably sourced wood and a cotton-based acetate. Lens quality is not overlooked here—the Bannock’s polycarbonate polarized lenses will protect you from UV rays all day long. Also, the wooden frame is water resistant to prevent water logging from bogging you down.
6. Spy – Flynn The Flynn is a pair of shades created for the bold and beautiful. The oversized single lens glass features Spy’s Happy Lens technology—a color and contrast enhancing lens that exposes your eyes to only the sun’s “good” rays. With multiple color ways and lens options, there’ll surely be a style for you.
7. Oakley – Frogskin A staple in Oakley’s sunglass line, the Frogskins are a blast from the past that will keep you cool under the hot sun. Available with a high definition polarized lens and more frame options that you can count, these shades are an item that you should definitely consider in your wardrobe this summer. Note: Frogskins are also available in varying collections and sizes.
8. Dragon – The Jam H2O The Jam H2O is a pair of sunnies for those who spend the majority of their time on or near the water. The stylish shades are also incredibly functional, as they boast a polarized lens and are built with buoyant material—they can float. That’s right, whether you’re getting wild on a surfboard or you simply forgot your croakies at home, you don’t ever have to worry about drowning your shades again.
9. Sunski – Dipseas The Dipseas are packed with vibrant color and a durable construction, while keeping costs to a minimum. Wearers can enjoy a vintage style with new school flavor thanks to a timeless look and quality polarized lenses. Need we mention that Sunski donates 1% of all sales to the environment.
10. Pit Viper – The 1993 If you’re looking to be the life of the party this summer, the 1993 from Pit Viper could be your next optical choice. Whether you’re singing karaoke, roller blading, spiking a volleyball, crushing hot dogs, playing lead guitar in an air band, or taking part in illegal activities, you’ll have everyone’s head turning while you rock these puppies.
11. Smith – Tioga Originally released in 1993, the Tioga is a stylin’ pair of retro sunglasses that won’t break the bank. With carbonic lenses and Smith’s throwback logo stamped on the frame, this optical offering is a quality product that will keep you lookin’ mighty fine.
12. VonZipper – Banner Handmade in Italy, the Banner is an instant classic from Von Zipper. These shades are constructed of a lightweight nylon Grilamid frame and boast an impact resistant polarized lens, protecting you from UV rays as well as foreign objects (see: Flying Squirrels)
Thanks to freeskieer.com